Asian Inspired Stir Fry
This fun and tasty stir fry was loved by the entire family! You could change up the veggies, meat, or no meat at all. It really is versatile and filling.
Sorry there are no photos with this recipe. We were so hungry for dinner, that taking the pictures totally skipped my mind until after dinner~
- 10 oz. bag shredded cabbage
- 2 cups mixed veggies
- 4 tbsp butter (avocado, or oil of choice)
- 16 oz ground turkey
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, finely chopped or grated
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- In a large frying pan or wok, saute the mixed veggies in 1 tbsp of butter until 1/2 cooked.
- Add 1 tbsp butter and cabbage to pan and fry cabbage until soft and veggies are thoroughly cooked.
- Add salt, onion powder, black pepper, and vinegar. Stir together and fry a couple more minutes.
- Place cooked veggies and cabbage into a bowl and set aside.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in the same pan. Add garlic, ginger, chopped onion, and chili and saute for a few minutes. Be cautious, this can be very fragrant and get in your sinuses.
- Add ground meat and fry until the meat is thoroughly cooked.
- Add scallions and cooked veggie/cabbage combo to pan with cooked meat. Mix all together. Add salt and pepper to taste, and top with sesame oil before serving.
You could add toasted sesame seeds, freshly sliced scallions, and soy sauce to top when serving.
You could use any mixed veggies of choice. We typically use a combination of carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower.
You could change up the meat to ground beef, chicken, steak, etc. as your taste buds desire. 🙂
Or you could skip the meats all together and just eat this over rice or cauli-rice. Or add is some tofu if you eat a more vegetarian style.
I really hope you enjoy this recipe and leave a message below if you try this or have recommendations or thoughts.
Have a wonderful day and happy cooking~