This wonderful gluten and dairy free zucchini lasagna is healthy and delicious. You won’t be sorry for changing up the normal noodles for the zucchini as a healthy option ~
Total time: 1 hour / Serves: 6
1 onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons coconut oil, plus additional for greasing pan
2 pounds ground turkey
2 tablespoons dried oregano
2 tablespoons dried basil
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes
6 zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
8 ounces goat cheese
- In a large pot over medium heat, cook onion and garlic in coconut oil, for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add turkey and season with black pepper and 1/2 teaspoon sea salt. Brown turkey and break up clumps of meat as it cooks.
- While turkey is browning, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 13×9 inch baking pan with coconut oil.
- When the turkey is browned, add oregano, basil, cayenne pepper, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon sea salt.
- Stir in tomato paste and combine.
- Add diced tomatoes (with juice) and mix well.
- Cover bottom of prepared pan with half the sliced zucchini.
- Spoon on half of the meat sauce and spread to cover zucchini.
- Layer on remaining zucchini and top with remaining meat sauce.
- Sprinkle top evenly with the goat cheese (either grated or broken up in pieces).
- Cover tightly with foil and bake until bubbly and heated through, about 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and cook 10 additional minutes.
You could make this a non-lasgna-ish style…yes I know that’s not a word but ~ Cut the zucchini into smaller pieces to make cutting and serving a bit easier.
You could add some sliced black olives or small cut veggies to the lasagna.